Installation and maintenance tips for Qualitystone.info™ stone mosaics
When the mosaics are unpacked they are dusty from factory process and therefore appear lighter then on most pictures. After installation and during use, usually the color intensifies.
Qualitystone.info™ stone is suitable for all dry and wet spaces and in most cases can also be used outside. The mosaics are all cut by hand and therefore are more irregular in thickness and shape.
Natural stone has color variations which can be amplified if coming from different production batches. When doing a project make sure you buy enough for the entire space (floor/wall). Usually +15% on the m2 is enough. +15% because you have to take into account cutting edges and possibly the odd breakage. Also make sure you install, clean and grout the entire project at once (floor or wall in one session)!
Before installing (gluing) make sure that all boxes are opened and mixed (!). Lay the mosaics out on a floor. Determine before (!) installing (gluing) if there are any color or shape variations that are not in accordance with your wishes. If so, inform your retailer.
Apply a suitable adhesive for gluing. No special adhesive is necessary; just follow the advice of your retailer.
- Use a relatively thick layer of adhesive with a rough comb: Allow the mosaics to ‘float’ so as to create the most even surface;
- After gluing, clean your mosaics from dust and residue;
- Allow plenty of time for the adhesive to dry completely;
- Before grouting apply a sealant (impregnator). This will help cleaning off excessive grout (joint filler) later and will protect your stone from stains etc.;
- Again: Allow for enough time for the sealer to dry. NB! Some stone (color) might absorb grout more quickly or dry more quickly: keep constant watch – do not leave over several hours!
- After applying grout (joint filler), start cleaning off the first excessive grout fairly soon (within 10-15 minutes). Follow general instruction for grouting;
- When grout is dry and mosaics are sufficiently clean, apply one or more layers of sealant. This will avoid cleaning problems in the long run.
- Daily maintenance can be done with simple luke-warm water.
- Never use acidic detergents; acids affect the calcium in stone. If strong stains have to be removed apply only light-acidic detergent and seal afterwards again.
Please feel free to contact your retailer or Qualitystone.info™ with questions.